beta-10 / 13-01-2020
Formally known as "HD Mode 7 mod, for bsnes", this is a fork of bsnes which adds HD video features such as HD Mode 7 (rendering the rotated or pseudo perspective backgrounds at higher resolutions), Widescreen Mode 7 (as well as widescreen for other backgrounds and sprites with significant limitations) and with much more to come!
Development-builds available: None actively reported
Windows: Windows 7+
Other: Linux 3.2+ / macOS 10.7+ / FreeBSD 10.0+
Video Comparison link
Most Recent Changes
- Based on latest bsnes (114, 2020-01-09)
- Experimental libretro core
- Changed Show Overscan setting, replacing Soft Crop. Changed widescreen values accordingly
- Corrected widescreen object wrap-around point to 352
- Changed storage paths from "bsnes" to "bsnes-hd beta"
- Automated Linux build is now CPU neutral
- Various minor bsnes-hd specific modifications to GUI
- Fixed setting Ignore Window Fallback X-Coordinate via settings dialog
All provided as-is, Android libretro core is an experimental local build