0.9.1 / 25-12-2020
MelonDS is a work-in-progress Nintendo DS emulator aiming for better performance while being able to to emulate Wi-Fi and local multiplayer capabilities. It's developed by a former contributor of DeSmuME and even has libretro core available.
There's also an Android port in active development.
It also requires DS BIOS/firmware copies
bios7.bin, 16KB: ARM7 BIOS
bios9.bin, 4KB: ARM9 BIOS
firmware.bin, 128/256/512KB: firmware
Please note firmware boot requires a firmware dump from an original DS or DS Lite. DS firmwares dumped from a DSi or 3DS aren't bootable and only contain configuration data, thus they are only suitable when booting games directly.
Windows: None Reported
Mac: Install the appropriate libraries beforehand with the Homebrew Package Manager.
In Terminal, type "brew install qt5 sdl2 libslirp"
Most Recent Changes
• add fullscreen hotkey
• remove hardcoded F11-debug key (oops)
• fix some gaps in the IO handlers
• add ability to run unlaunch'd DSi NANDs
• add preliminary camera support (feeds fixed stripe pattern)
• fix potential bugs with tight timers (fixes ZXDS)
• SPU: small optimization to the mixer
• better framerate limiter
• fix several JIT issues
• GPU: lay bases for EVIL PLANS
• GPU: emulate separate scroll register for 3D layer scrolling
• some corrections to the ROM savetype list
• a bunch of misc fixes, as usual
Check Previous Changes