10.11 / 11-03-2020
Launchbox is a front-end wrapper for emulators. Not only does it automatically download box art for games, it also grabs fanart, screenshots, logos and more to create an immersive experience via BigBox.
It also supports arranging and filtering by genre, platform, ESRB rating, developer, publisher, genre, etc. It also includes automated import processes for your MS-DOS games, ROM files, and Steam in order to help get you up and running as quickly as possible. Game box-art and metadata can also be automatically downloaded from their Games Database or community-based online databases.
Most Recent Changes!
- New Premium Feature: A new "badges" system has been built for LaunchBox that displays badges for various things next to your games. Badges are now available for Broken, Completed, Favorite, Hidden, Multiple Discs, Multiple Versions, Portable, Unplayed, Installed (new feature), Not Installed (new feature), Steam, and GOG. The images can be changed and the badges can be enabled or disabled via the new Badges drop down at the top of the LaunchBox interface. Plugins can also be used to add new badges.
- New Feature: A new "Installed" field has been added to games, and the Steam Import Wizard will now let you import only installed games, only games that are not installed, or all games. Installed and Not Installed are also available for the new badges system (above).
- New Feature: The GOG import process has been overhauled with support for both installed and uninstalled games, as well as the same "Installed" field and features that were added for Steam
- New Feature: Metadata for Steam games is now downloaded directly from Steam, and can be optionally prioritized over metadata from the LaunchBox Games Database (options are available in the Steam Import Wizard and the Download Metadata and Media Wizard). Metadata from Steam is available for Developer, Publisher, Genre, Notes, and Release Date.
- New Feature: Poster and screenshot images as well as game metadata can now be downloaded directly from GOG for your GOG games, both in the GOG import process and the Download Metadata and Media wizard. The same prioritization options as Steam are also available. Metadata from GOG is available for Developer, Publisher, Genre, Notes, Release Date, Rating, and Series.
- New Feature: You can now launch your GOG games through the GOG Galaxy client in order to allow use of features that the client offers such as cloud saves and achievement tracking. You can enable or disable this setting under Tools > Options > Integrations > GOG.
- Improvement: No-Intro ROMs with multiple titles (separated by the ~ character) will now use the first title as the game title for better scraping
- Improvement: A right-click menu has been added to the results of the Clean Up Media process to make it easier to check or uncheck selected items
- Improvement: The Clean Up Media process now allows you to move unused media into a folder instead of just deleting it
- Improvement: Theme developers can now both rotate and curve wheels in all directions in Big Box (both in the vertical and the horizontal wheel views). This is achieved via the CurveAmount and RotationAmount properties on the FlowControl, using negative values for opposite directions.
- Improvement: The default sort order has been improved to better deal with numbers that are not separated by spaces and numbers with decimal point and comma characters
- Improvement: Big Box theme developers can now use custom image types in the wheels/CoverFlow for their themes
- Improvement: The Big Box theme development documentation (LaunchBox\Themes\Documentation.pdf) has been updated with new bindings and properties
- Improvement: Controller support has been added for Direct Input racing and flying devices
- Fixed: Importing games will no longer skip "duplicate" games because of multiple platforms that use the same Scrape As value
- Fixed: Add to Playlist in Big Box was showing auto-populated and auto-generated playlists in the list
- Fixed: When prioritizing North America in the MAME Arcade full-set importer, Hispanic games were occasionally being prioritized over USA games
- Fixed: Images were not always refreshing properly after running the Download Metadata and Media wizard