4.3 / 21-12-2019
WinUAE is a Commodore emulator for Windows:
High accuracy and compatibility for A500, A500+, A600, A1000, A2000, CDTV
Good compatibility (Cycle-exact chipset emulation, CPU memory accesses are cycle-exact, CPU internal instruction execution speed is not exact) for A1200 and CD32
Fast CPU emulation only (chipset/chip ram CPU accesses optionally cycle-exact) for A3000, A3000T, A4000 and A4000T. To see all features, follow this link.
PPC CPU core plugin, 1.5.1+ Direct3D Pixel Shader filters, Improved drive sounds, Portaudio library
UAEUNP 0.8 to extract Amiga based disk images and archive
Windows: XP SP3 32-bit+
CPU: SSE2 capable
GPU: For Direct3D11 - Windows 7: SP1+
For Direct3D9 - June 2010 DirectX 9 redistributable required
Most Recent Changes!
- New features/improvements:
– GUI high DPI support rewritten.
– Lagless vsync stability improvements.
– Added Trojan light gun preset to Game ports panel.
– On the fly chipset model switching compatibility improved.
– SPTI CD/DVD access mode now internally emulates all CD audio commands. All other commands are forwarded to the drive like previously.
– PCMCIA hot swap support improved. (PCMCIA SRAM and IDE needs to be set again if previously configured)
– My CPU tester detected edge cases, bugs and undocumented CPU behavior updates implemented. (More details in separate CPU tester note later)
– More compatible partition HDF default geometry calculation if size is 1000M or larger.
– CD32 pad does not anymore disable joystick second button if both CD32 and 2-button joystick is active simultaneously.
– Host directory/archive drag and drop to WinUAE window now supports mounting multiple items simultaneously.
– Debugger disassembler fixes and few very rarely used instructions dissemble now correctly.
- Bugs fixed:
– Disk index pulses were not being generated when disk was being written (Cadaver v0.1 save disk writing)
– CDTV audio CD playing state restore fixed.
– A2024 monitor didn’t show full viewable area.
– 24-bit uaegfx RTG mode had random wrong color pixels in some situations.
– nrg CD images didn’t load correctly in relative path mode.
– Graphics glitch in some programs that also depended on display scaling/size (for example Alien Breed 3D)
– Disk swapper path modifications did nothing while emulation was running.
– Restoring CD32 or CDTV statefile with CD audio playing: start playing immediately, do not include normal CD audio start delays.
– Fixed possible crash when PPC emulation stopped emulated sound card audio.
– Quite special kind of CD32 pad button read code was not emulated correctly.
- Other changes:
– Added separate 68000-68060 CPU tester/validator project based on UAE CPU core generator.
– Removed all 68020 cycle-exact CPU mode internal idle cycles. It mainly slowed down the CPU too much and didn’t match real world well enough.
- New emulated hardware:
– Archos Overdrive HD (PCMCIA IDE adapter)
– ICD Trifecta (A500 IDE/SCSI controller)
– M-Tec Mastercard (SCSI expansion for M-Tec T1230 A1200 accelerator)
– Scala MM dongles