3.4 / 23-12-2019
VICE (Versatile Commodore Emulator) is a multi-platform, open-source program that emulates the C64, C64DTV, C128, VIC20, practically all PET models, PLUS4 and CBM-II (aka C610/C510). It's available as a libretro core for RetroArch.
Compatible: Unix, MS-DOS, Win32, OS/2, BeOS, QNX 4.x, QNX 6.x, Amiga, Syllable, Mac OS X
Most Recent Changes!
- Remove support for Syllable OS, SCO, QNX4, QNX6, SGI, AIX, OpenStep/NextStep/
Rhapsody, Solaris/OpenIndiana and remaining traces of Minix, NeXT, SKYOS,
- Remove remaining traces of support for WATCOM, MSVC, OpenWatcom
- Remove aRts support
- Remove YUV rendering
- Remove generation of .chm, .hlp and .info files. Please use the .pdf or .html
- skip building x64 unless --enable-x64 is passed to configure
- do not use the new/experimental 8580 filters unless --enable-new8580filter
is passed to configure
- update pattern generator for uninitialized ram. changed defaults so all
raminitpattern tests pass.
- remove block device disk image (rawdrive) "support". in linux it was never
needed (just use the device file) and on windows it was never implemented.
- added support for the IP232 protocol that was used by the long lost VICE1.19
hack, and which is supported by tcpser for emulating DTR/DCD (carrier detect)
- various userport rs232 fixes
- always save gifs as gif89
- added a couple shift flags to keyboard maps to support virtual cbm/ctrl and
mandatory pressed host modifiers. not all keymaps have been updated yet.
- ACIA IRQ fix
- create empty half tracks when mounting d64. fixes skew.d64
- new headless port that can be enabled by passing --enable-headlessui to
configure. this can be used to build an emulator without video output, which
may be useful for scripting.
--Please click here to see lenghty upate report!--