0.12.3 / 01-02-2020
SameBoy is a user friendly Game Boy and Game Boy Color emulator that's very accurate and includes a wide range of powerful debugging features. In addition to accuracy and developer capabilities, SameBoy has all the features one would expect from an emulator – from save states to scaling filters.
Windows: Doesn't mention minimum
Linux: Unix-like systems
Mac: Doesn't mention minimum
Most Recent Changes!
This version is backwards compatible with save states from SameBoy 0.11.x and newer.
- Super Game Boy color correction is now available in the libretro port
- It is now possible to hide the Super Game Boy border in the libretro port
- The SDL port will now hide the mouse while a ROM is running
- Accuracy Improvements/Fixes
- Changing the frequency of channels 1 and 2 is now more accurate
- Audio rendering should now be accurate when emulating Game Boy Advance
- Fixed garbled graphics while emulting Super Game Boy in the SDL port when OpenGL 3.2 is not available
- The Cocoa build is now linked against the correct SDK version, restoring compatbility with older macOS versions that was mistakenly dropped in the previous release
- Fixed fullscreen related issues in the SDL port
- Fixed a bug where the SDL port did not save the battery in some cases
- Bug fixes to libretro achievement support
- Restored Game Boy Camera support on newer macOS versions
- Fixed High-DPI support on Windows 10
Misc Internal Changes
- Improvements to the audio and ICD2 APIs
- Allow compiling SameBoy for platforms with a non-standard bool size
- Improved build portability, will now use pkg-config if available