0.12.2 / 16-09-2019
SameBoy is a user friendly Game Boy and Game Boy Color emulator that's very accurate and includes a wide range of powerful debugging features. In addition to accuracy and developer capabilities, SameBoy has all the features one would expect from an emulator – from save states to scaling filters.
Windows: Doesn't mention minimum
Linux: Unix-like systems
Mac: Doesn't mention minimum
Most Recent Changes
This version is backwards compatible with save states from SameBoy 0.11.x and newer.
- The Quick Look previewer now produces color-corrected thumbnails
- The debugger now supports a wider range of symbol files
- Fixed a bug where samples in the wave channel were treated as if they’re 0, effectively muting the channel in some cases.
- Fixed a regression that caused some PPU test ROMs to fail
- More accurate emulation of memory access conflicts on the Super Game Boy
- When emulating a Super Game Boy, built-in palettes for select games are now emulated
- Accuracy improvements to Super Game Boy’s multiplayer mode
- Super Game Boy and Game Boy Advance now have their own color correction filters
- Improvements to audio in the SDL port, affecting some machines
- Fixed a bug where the SDL port loaded the wrong boot ROM when emulating Super Game Boy 2
- Fixed broken audio on libretro when used with some RetroArch audio drivers
- Fixed a potential crash when closing a window in the Cocoa port
- Fixed libretro achievements
- Fixed major performence issues in the Cocoa port that affected some Macs, especially when emulating the original Super Game Boy
Misc Internal Changes
- The emulation core now supports emulating a Super Game Boy without high level emulation of the SNES or SFC. SameBoy is now used for Game Boy emulation by bsnes, allowing extremely accurate low-level emulation of Super Game Boy.
- Made it possible to compile the SDL port with older SDL versions
- Compression improvements to the CGB and AGB boot ROMs