1.5 / 14-02-2020
Redream is a closed-sourced Dreamcast emulator, enabling you to play your Dreamcast games in high-definition on Windows, Mac and Linux. There are 2 versions; lite and premium (small fee). The only significant difference is that the premium version lets you scale to Ultra-HD resolutions. With an excellent streamlined experience, it will eventually be the best, as accuracy continues to improve (passed 80%). That said, it's not the most accurate nor does it support Dreamcast peripherals.
Note: BIOS file not required, but may improve compatibility in certain cases.
Windows: 7+ 64-bit
Linux: Ubuntu 64-bit
Mac: OS X 64-bit
CPU: Processorx86_64 compatible with AVX2 or SSE2 support
GPU: GraphicsOpenGL 3.1 support, OpenGL 4.5 support for per-pixel polygon sorting
Most Recent Changes!
- Disc swap support.
- Redump BIN/CUE support.
- Widescreen hack support.
- Codebreaker cheat support.
- Raspberry Pi 4 support.
- HLE BIOS font support.
- Exclusive fullscreen support.
- High DPI support on Windows and Mac.
- Nintendo Switch controller support.
- PowerVR trilinear filtering support.
- PowerVR secondary accumulation buffer support.
- PowerVR parameter selection modifier volume support.
- Register aliasing support to improve ARM32 register allocations.
- Numerous CPU and GPU performance improvements as a result of the Pi bringup.
- Removed GL_ARB_fragment_shader_interlock dependency for per-pixel sorting.
- Ignore removable media drives on Windows which have no disk in them.
- Librray scanning responsiveness improved for large libraries.
- Library scanning is now limited to a single worker thread.
- Filter out noisy axes when catching key binds.
- Major HLE BIOS refactor, fixed all known incompatibilities.
- Refactored renderer to support rendering shadows before fog.
- Video output only filling half the screen in some PAL games.
- Video output flickering over component in some PAL games.
- Codebreaker main menu not rendering.
- Langrisser Millenium main menu not rendering.
- NFL 2K/2K2 field textures not blending correctly.
- NFL Blitz 2001 shadows not blending correctly.
- NHL 2K2 ice appearing black.
- Real Sound framebuffer vertical bands.
- World Series Baseball 2K2 blurry textures.
- V-Rally 2 main menu flickering.
- Numerous AICA stream fixes.
- Missing CDDA music in a few games.
- Decoding of ADPCM audio to be bit-perfect.
- Sega Bass Fishing audio going off the rails.
- Capcom Fighting Collection hanging on boot.
- Fast Striker crashing at the end of level 1.
- Gundam Side Story crashing during third mission.
- Tech Romancer crashing after a few rounds.
- Library scanning not working with exFAT drives.