1.9.3 / 07-10-2019
The "PlayStation Portable Simulator Suitable for Playing Portably" is a multi-platform, open-source emulator written in C++ with the aim of speed and portability. It can run PSP games in full HD resolution with upscaling textures to reduce bluriness and most games are playable. Its development is ongoing and still in beta state, though does have a Switch port and libretro core.
Windows: XP+ (recommended Windows 7+) & OpenGL 2.0+
Linux: Requires SDL2 installed
Mac: macOS 10.7+ (requires SDL2; install via Homebrew)
Android: 1 GHz+ & 2.3+ (requires Unknown Sources to be enabled)
- 1.9.3 fixes a few additional bugs on Android primarily
- Flicker fixed in God of War that appeared with newer drivers for Mali GPUs (#12224)
- Improve performance of God of War on Vulkan (#12242), implement built-in GPU profiler (#12262, #12266)
- Vertex range culling fixed on ARM Mali (#12227)
- Started to improve VFPU precision, resulting so far in a fix for the long standing Tekken 6 leg shaking problem (#12217)
- Fixed a VFPU precision snafu on ARM64, fixing disappearing officers in Warriors Orochi (#11299) and some problems in Tomb Raider (#11179).
- Vulkan is the default again on Android versions newer than Pie
- Fix various homebrew store issues
- GPU pause signal handling fixed, fixing some hangs in Bleach and Armored Core games (#12160)
- Audio sample rate conversion handling fixes (#12147)
- Some Vulkan optimizations (pre-rotation (#12216), perf fix in Metal Gear Acid, etc)
- Multiple fixes for the UWP build (#12036, others)
- MP3 playback fixes (#12005)
- Audio in Motorstorm: Arctic Edge fixed by returning errors correctly (#12121)
- Audio glitches in Final Fantasy Tactics fixed (#9956)
- Camera display in Invizimals fixed (#12278, #8521)
- Added hotkeys for texture dump and replace (#11938)
- Added Visual Studio 2019 support. Windows XP is no longer supported (#11995, others)
- Fixes for video capture (#12069)
- Added a separate sound volume for alternative speed (#12124)
- Improved mouse control (Windows only) (#12173, #12176)
- Support for installing texture packs and ISOs from zips (#12175)
- Right analog support for touch controls (only used by patched games and some HD remasters) (#12182)
- Android: Fix OpenSL initialization, possibly helps audio crackle a little. (#12333).
- Fix graphics on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
- Fixed strange vehicle behavior in MGS:PW (somehow) (#12342)
- Ported to the Nintendo Switch by m4xw! Builds available on m4xw's Patreon.