0.9.9 / 01-02-2020
Mesen is a high-accuracy NES and Famicom emulator and NSF player for Windows and Linux.
High Accuracy: A lot of effort has gone into making Mesen as accurate as possible.
High Compatibility: Over 290 mappers supported (all licensed games supported)
NES, Famicom, Famicom Disk System, Dendy, VS System, NSF and NSFe emulation is supported.
General: Save States, Rewinding, Movie/Audio Recording, Overclocking, Cheat Codes.
Video: Numerous video filters, customizable palettes/overscan, support for HDNes' HD packs.
Audio: Stereo effects, per-channel volume and panning, equalizer, etc.
Misc: Netplay, 7z/zip support, IPS/BPS patch support, automatic updates, and more!
Windows: Vista+ (DirectX 11 / NET Framework 4.5+)
Linux: glibc 2.24+ / Mono 4.2.1+ / SDL 2
WARNING: Save states created with version 0.9.8 (or older) will no longer work in 0.9.9.
- Run Ahead: Added run ahead support (in Emulation settings)
- Emulation: Added 2 new options to emulate known PPU hardware bugs
- Emulation: Added option to emulate CPU/PPU alignments
- UI: Added load state and save state menus (with previews and timestamps)
- Mappers: Added support for Study Box roms (.studybox files)
- UNROM512/GTROM: Added support for self-flashing
- Debugger: Various fixes and improvements
- Event Viewer: Improved filtering options and added the ability to display NTSC borders
- CPU: Rewrote DMC and OAM DMA logic to better match hardware behavior/timings
- CPU: Fixed an issue with NMIs turning into IRQs (when turning the NMI flag off at the wrong moment)
- PPU: Fixed PPU OAM fetch pattern on pre-render scanline
- PPU: Fixed some PPU timings to better match hardware
- MC-ACC: Improved MC-ACC (licensed MMC3 clone) emulation
- MMC5: Rewrote a large portion of the code to better match hardware behavior and quirks
- Mappers: Fixed/improved emulation of a number of mappers used by unlicensed games
- NSF: Fixed an issue that caused problems with some FDS NSF files
- Linux: Fixed bug when using nvidia's drivers that caused the screen to be completely black
SHA-256 (exe): a480c42b28424ffc9517e003b458926d7920e860494103f1e0805e6ad972c08b