1.24 (UNSTABLE) / 24-12-2019
My Emulator Doesn't Need A Frickin' Excellent Name is an open-source, multi-system emulator, driven from the command-line, OpenGL and SDL. Its Sony PlayStation, Sega Saturn, Nintendo Virtual Boy, and NEC PC Engine (TurboGrafx-16) original cores are recognized for their high quality, compatibility and accuracy.
There are several front-ends available, if you don't know how to execute via command-line:
For CRT screens, you can try emu4crt since this mod is intended for +/- 15kHz TVs or arcade monitors. Check it out here!
Windows: 7+ (64-bit is recommended; for better performance and functionality)
Linux: Please follow their instructions on provided homepage to build from source.
Most Recent Changes
- Expanded and harmonized the accepted value ranges for settings "sfspeed" and "ffspeed" to 0.25 through 15, for greater versatility.
- Apple2: Added support for an RGB-style video mode, selectable with the new setting "apple2.video.mode".
- Apple2: Added support for custom 16-color palettes(using one will automatically enable RGB mode).
- NGP: Fixed broken voice playback in "Densetsu no Ogre Battle Gaiden".
- NGP: Fixed eventual save-related hang in "The Last Blade".
- PCE: Fixed compatibility issues with some Super CD-ROMs games when using a US system card image.
- SNES-Faust: Made various changes to try to improve game compatibility.
- SNES-Faust: Added CX4, SA-1, and SuperFX emulation.
- SNES-Faust: Added setting "snes_faust.h_filter" to control handling(e.g. blending) of lores and hires video modes.
- SS: Fixed hang at end of disc 1 of "Grandia", with horrible per-game hack.
- SS: Fixed hang in "Fighters Megamix" that occurred after the intro FMV played(or was interrupted), with horrible per-game hack.
- SS: Fixed flickering text in "Arcade's Greatest Hits".
- SS: Fixed major graphical glitches during gameplay in "Whizz".
- SS: Fixed much of the graphical glitching in "All-Star Baseball 97".
- SS: Fixed many instances of rescue text flickering in "Burning Rangers".
- SS: Fixed battle text truncation in "Albert Odyssey".
- SS: Fixed flickering at the start of disc 2 of "Policenauts".
- SS: Fixed hang/crash in "Space Jam".
- SS: Fixed major game logic errors during battles in "Dragon Force II".
- SS: Fixed early hangs in "Die Hard Trilogy", "GeGeGe no Kitarou", "Nobunaga no Yabou Shouseiroku", and "Formula Grand Prix - Team Unei Simulation".
- SS: Fixed FMV glitches in "Gex" and "Slam 'n Jam 96".
- SS: Fixed various graphical glitches in "Shunsai".
- SS: Fixed graphical glitches on the character select screen in "Virtual Mahjong".
- SS: Fixed missing title screen, main menu, and gameplay background graphics in "Ronde".
- SS: Fixed explosion graphic glitches in "Thunder Force III" in "Thunder Force Gold Pack 1".
- SS: Fixed hang that sometimes occurred after pausing in "Thunder Force AC" in "Thunder Force Gold Pack 2".
- SS: Fixed FMV flickering in "Lunar".
- SS: Fixed major graphical glitches in the later stages of "Shienryu" when on arcade mode.
Apple2: Added basic support for WOZ 2.0 floppy disk images.
Lynx: Fixed a potential security vulnerability.
PCE: Fixed an an old regression(from around 0.9.0) that degraded DDA sample playback when playing a HES file.
PS1: Fixed a regression introduced in 1.22.0-UNSTABLE that broke a few PS1 games(e.g. "SimCity 2000" and "Rise 2").
SS: Added the European release of "Theme Park" to the internal database of games to use the data cache read bypass kludge with, to fix infinite boredom during the intro FMV.