0.82.24 / 01-12-2019
As a fork of DOSBox, it retains compatibility with the wide base of DOS games and DOS gaming DOSBox was designed for. That said, it goes further, with a focus on accurate emulation of the hardware and many more ways to tweak and configure the DOS virtual machine. They believe that a better way to emulate the legacy PC platform is to give the user all the options they need to emulate everything from original IBM PC hardware with 64KB of RAM all the way up to late 90's hardware, whatever it takes to get that game or software package to run. Their goal is to eventually make DOSBox-X a complete emulation package that covers all pre-2000 DOS and Windows 9x based hardware scenarios, including peripherals, motherboards, CPUs, and all manner of hardware that was made for PC hardware of that time.
Most Recent Changes
- FDC emulation now allows READ command to look for
sector numbers that are out of range in order to
support booter games that read out of range sector
numbers as part of their copy protection.
- Windows SDL1 window resizing fixed to avoid snapping
and jumping issues when the window is sized down
to the point the menu bar doubles or triples in
height due to menu item wrapping.
- FDC clear DMA terminal count automatically (with a
warning printed to the log) at beginning of FDC
read/write (PC-98 booter game Star Cruiser).
- FDC DMA read/write failure now causes FDC to signal
an error, and the debug output will say so.
- FDC debug output now shows motor bits in the correct
order, not backwards
- CONFIG.COM and MIXER.COM are now registered only at
DOS kernel startup, to resolve their disappearance
after RE-DOS or guest system reset.
- Some OpenGL cleanup and fixes for when compiling for
Mac OS X Catalina.
- Shell startup now prints the actual mapper binding
(whatever it is) for the Host key instead of assuming
- "Ro" key in PC-98 mode in the mapper interface now
clarifies that it is Ro / _ since the shift state is
- Shell startup code fixed to show F11 for Windows and
F12 for other platforms properly instead of always
- Added BOOT option --pc98-graphics to start up with
graphics layer enabled in order to run HDI images
using QMOUSE and games that expect NEC MOUSE.COM
behavior of showing graphics layer on driver init.
- BOOT now hides graphics layer on startup in PC-98 mode
to reflect real hardware.
- INT 33h mouse emulation now enables graphics layer
on mouse startup and INT 33h AX=0 to imitate NEC
MOUSE.COM behavior seen on real PC-98 hardware. This is
needed for some Orange House games that assume this
behavior, without which the graphics are invisible.
- INT 33h define range functions now include separate
range correction for text mode vs graphics mode.
- Help sections in Configuration GUI have been improved,
they are now easier to browse and read. (aybe)
- CONFIG: added description for 'securemode' (aybe).
- Integer properties are now correctly saved when
they have been changed in configuration GUI (aybe).
- Some scenarios with command history could display
garbage characters from previous/next command (aybe).
- Fixed all hard disk images created by IMGMAKE having
VHD footers. (Allofich)
- Windows Visual Studio solution: (aybe)
cleaned and clarified project properties for projects
removed configurations that didn't make sense
fixed broken debugging
consolidated to use single versions of SDK and IDE
enabled faster builds (multi-processor compilation)
fixed broken builds, e.g. ARM, ARM64