10.3 / 19-02-2020
Formally known as "HD Mode 7 mod, for bsnes", this is a fork of bsnes which adds HD video features such as HD Mode 7 (rendering the rotated or pseudo perspective backgrounds at higher resolutions), Widescreen Mode 7 (as well as widescreen for other backgrounds and sprites with significant limitations) and with much more to come!
Development-builds available: None actively reported
Windows: Windows 7+
Other: Linux 3.2+ / macOS 10.7+ / FreeBSD 10.0+
Video Comparison link
Most Recent Changes!
- Mac builds (standalone and libretro core) are now available on release, using a new build system (Thanks to Margen67) [#11]
- Added a first simple version of per-ROM setting override files (see readme for details) [#7]
- Fixed gamma formula and general color conversion and also changed default gamma value from 150 to 100 [#31]
- "aspect correction" is now consistently disabled by default and also renamed to "pixel aspect correction" for clarity [#33]
- Improved previous workaround for non-hires backgrounds in hires-scenes, e.g. Kirby's Dreamland 3 (keeping the improvements to pseudo transparency, but eliminating the new vertical combing that originally introduced) [#10]
All provided as-is!
"bsnes-hd beta" core for RetroArch available in the internal updater on Windows, Linux, Android and Switch (may take a day to update)